This listing contains all features of the Geocode Factory components and it's related products (all are presents in the zip package). There is many features, then it's possible we forgot some.
For each feature we try to provide a link on the documentation, or a sample (sometimes, the images can be different regarding the version). Dont forget you have the demo maps. Well we inform you witch third party extensions it relates (CB = Community Builder, JS = Jomsocial, EV = Jomsocial Events, JE=JEvents, S2 = Sobi2, MT = Mosets Tree, SP=Sobipro, AM=Adsmanager, GT=Gps Tools, JC=Joomla content), if nothing is write, the feature is common.
Features available in Geocode Factory
Select the chapter in the right page select area or click all pages, for a full list.
We use google maps.
- Unlimited list of maps : Creation of an unlimited number of google map, each with own parameters.
- Google map v3 : use the last google map api. A google map apikey is not longer needed.
- Openstreet map : use the openstreetmap maps on the google maps interface.
- Bing map : use the Bing maps on the google maps interface.
- Layers : traffic, bicycle, transit and weathers layers.
- Map type on start : you can set any map type as default, incuding any of your custom map type.
- Compatible with any tiles: you can use an unlimited number of map type (openstreep map, other maps, your own map tiles ...).
- Joomla tools on each map : You can edit, copy, publish, delete each map.
- Named map : each map have a name.
- Custom size : define the map size (with in px/em/%, and map height in px/em).
- Component template : the component's frontend is a template, you can draw the map, and all controls using keywords (placeholder) and use them how you want in tables, divs, ... see how to design your google maps on joomla.
- Number of markers : show, where you want in the template, the count of displayed markers.
- Sidebar : draw a side list of markers (including distance from radius if set) where you want in the template, a click on a marker zoom on the marker and open the bubble.
- Sidelist : draw a side list of markersets including markers (including distance from radius if set), where you want in the template, a click on a marker zoom on the marker and open the bubble. List sorted by name or by radius distance if used.
- Toggle checkbox : draw a toggle checkbox list with icons of each markerset.
- Markerset selector : draw a combox of markerset where you want in the template, to select the markerset to show/hide.
- Markerset multiselector : draw a listbox of markerset where you want in the template, to select one or more markerset to show/hide.
- Selector default selection : for each markerset selector, allows to select and load the first only.
- Customisable sidelist : template based sidelist, allows to enter what you need in the sidelist (inlcuding images).
- Locate me : a frontend google maps locate me button that try to find your browser's position, and display a marker on the map.
- Location me moving : the locate me marker can be dragged on the map.
- Save position : save the current locate me marker's position in main map.
- Reset position : geocode the profile's position (from postal address), and move the locate me marker on this position.
- Locate me icon : the icon is customisable (default : blue cross).
- Near me button : laod the markers near the user's browser position
- Default demo atemplate : you can copy a default template to show the main controls.
- Max markers : by default all filtered markers are shown, but you can limit the number to increase the performance.
- Backend sample map : In the backend, a sample map is shown that use the google controls you set (after the apply button).
- Default map center point : free hand latitude and longitude or picking a point on the backend's map.
- Map center on browser location : center the map on the browser physical location (iphones, androids, or from IP for desktops).
- Map center on members coordinates : center the map on the location defined in the current logged member.
- Map center auto : center the map to show all markers (useful for radius search).
- Map type buttons : select your favorite button's display or hide them.
- Google controls : show/hide controls : streetview, scale, rotation, pan, overview map, zoom, map type
- Map type selector : Select the map type that you want load, you can laod only custom types, and not the google basics.
- Map pan/zoom buttons : default, small, androids style, or none.
- Zoom default : default zoom when entering the map.
- Mouse wheel zoom : allow the mouse wheel zoom.
- Doubleclick zoom : allow the double click zoom.
- Zoom range : allow only zooming from... to... .
- Show lines : show connection lines between connected / friends profiles (JS/CB) or between entries and owners or between user's multiple addresses.
- Clustering : use the clustering, if you have many markers, you can group them.
- Clustering images : use custom images for cluster icons
- Clustering end : define the zoom level where stopping the clustering.
- Cache duration : freeze the markers (position and number) in cache file for a gived time or disable.
- Unlimited number of layers : You can use KML, KMZ or geoRss feeds in maps.
- Frontend search : you can activate a frontend search form to get marker in a radius from a custom entered address, uses autocomplete. Limit to a country, or to address types.
- Frontend radius : custom list of distances in miles, nautical miles or kilometers for the radius list in frontend.
- Frontend radius click : when click on the map get the markers in the given radius.
- Frontend radius click : choice between left or right button
- Frontend radius circle : draw a colored circle when frontend radius is used.
- Frontend radius zoom auto : automatic zoom on the radius area.
- Frontend radius reset : click a button to reset the map and show all markers.
- Frontend radius from url : you can set the radius directely into the url, to create menu link on map center (by adding '&gf_mod_search=CITY_OR_ZIP&gf_mod_radius=25' after any map url)
- Joomla article map : Draw a map in a Joomla! articel, based on address entered in the article
- Route and directions panel : display a panel near the map to display the direction between 2 map points.
- Maps style : design your own map style, controls, colors, texts, ... of your maps
- Customisable radius circle color : you can select the color of the radius, and sales area circles
- Sales area distance : define a radius around each profile that represent the sales area
A marker is a little icon displayed on a map, and we work with marker set (family of markers).
- Use of markersets : we work with set of marker, each set have own parameters.
- Unlimited list of markersets : Creation of an unlimited number of markersets, each with own parameters.
- Joomla tools on each markerset : You can edit, copy, publish, delete each markerset.
- Named markerset : each set have a name.
- Assignation : assign set's to a map.
- Special coordinates : for each set you can use alternate coordinates from the profile (multiple addresses).
- Marker accuracy : Select one of the 3 level of accuracy to display (alway right coordinates in profile) the markers on the map.
- Joomla itemid : custom joomla itemid for the links, useful for special context links.
- Infobubble with : set's the google map's bubble maxwith property.
- Marker title : selected in fields list.
- Avatar as marker : use the user avatar to display the marker icon on the map.
- Avatar as marker icon : use a special (customisable) icon to show the exact marker's position.
- Category as icon : use the category image as marker icon.
- Map icons : support of the famous map icons (square colored icons)
- Icon custom size : custom with/height to resize the avatars.
- Custom icon : select a custom icon in your joomla's image folder (images/stories for J1.5) as marker icon.
- Filter connected markers : filter by connected, not connected or both. Useful for a logged versus not logged member map.
- Advanced filtering : Use each component field to create filters. Wizard (field, operator, value) is available.
- Backend radius : define a radius, and load only markers present in this radius.
- Backend radius distance : free hand value, in miles, nautical miles or kilometers.
- Backend radius center : define if the radius is from map center or connected user's position.
- Users to allow see the map : define the minimum joomla user's right (user's level) to see the markers.
- Users to includes : define the joomla user's right (user's level) to include (JS/CB).
- Loading radius : load markers only markers near the browser location
- Category selector : define from witch category (ie) select the markers (S2/MT/EV/SP/AM/JE).
- Event selection : Select only past or future events by filter, or option.
- Xml load : load all markers thought xml, reduce the main page weight.
- Makerset ordering : ordering the markerset is useful for frontend selector.
- Directions between 2 markers : when 2 markers are connected (friends / owners), if you click this line, the directions are calculated in the panel
The bubble is open when a marker is clicked.
- Ajax load : load each bubble as ajax, reduce the main page load, each bubble is loaded when clicked only.
- Template : template for each markerset.
- Bubble opening : open the bubble with left-click, right-click or mouse-over.
- Width : controllable bubble width.
- Fields : insert fields from extensions in the template (age : [field_age] returns age : 30).
- Distance field : insert a distance field in the bubble if radius is used (distance : 50.34 km).
- Link field : insert a link on the target of the bubble (user's profile, entry view, ...).
- Online status field : draw a code snippet for online or offline in bubble (JS/CB).
- Online / offline snippet : mini-template (html code) that represents the users online status (JS/CB).
- Streetview : if a streetview is available on the marker position, a streetview is drawn in the bubble, if not available a replacement text is used.
- Waysearch : little waysearch form that open a google map with the route to join the marker.
- Waysearch locate me : allows to find the users position for the directions
- Avatar / image : display the avatar (JS/CB), picture (JS/CB), image (S2/MT/EV/SP/JEapi), icon (S2/MT/EV/AM/SP/JE) or 1st gallery image (S2).
- Avatar as marker : scale factor allowed to resize the avatar maker image.
- Status : display the user status (JS).
- Category dependent : the markers are category dependent for directory components (JS/S2/SP/MT/AM).
- Guest fields : allow to insert the number of guest, confirmed, and canceled (EV).
- Recurent events : work with recurrent events and display next event, remain events (JE).
- Special charterset : Chinese, Russian, .... charterset allowed in bubble.
- Sample templates : sample for a basic template and for a tabbed one.
- CB Gallery plugin : new keywords for CB Gallery plugin, that show the images in the bubble and open it as lightbox.
- Images lightbox : create images gallery manually (in a gallery tab or main bubble), that open big images as lightbox.
- Locate me : locate me button in bubble.
- Tabbed template : tabbed google bubble, with a unlimited number of tabs (define in html/css).
You can geocode the items (profiles, or entries), the geocode process consists on getting geographical coordinates from the address.
- Batch geocode : allows to batch geocode all entries / articles / profiles in one click (CB/JS/MT/SP/AM/JC).
- Listing : list of each members, with used address, and coordinates.
- Filtering text : filter the list by keyword search.
- Filtering type : show only without coordinates.
- Geocode filered : allows to geocode the whole database from the filters.
- Geocode displayed: allows to geocode the current displayed items.
- Silent geocode at profile registration / edition : plugin for (CB/JS), in JS this is deprecated plugin because geocoded by Jomsocial itself.
- Button geocode profile : plugin for (JS/CB).
- Profile map : plugin for (JS/CB) google map v3.
- Multi address : support multiple addresses per user (home, office, ...).
Some features from the product.
- Online version checker : dynamic check if your product is the last version.
- Online help direct link : link on the myjoom.com support page from control panel.
- Inline help on each page : use the help button in the top toolbar.
- Google server's choice : you can choice for google.com, google.fr, google.de, ... server.
- Batch geocode speed : The bach geocode process is divided in packs, each pack is geocoded and the server do a discharge pause, you can set the package size, and the pause duration.
- Unlock all field types : By default only the standard fields type (text, lists, ...) are used, but if you use custom fields types (country list, ... ), you can use it.
- Connection lines color : select the color you need for connection lines between markers (friends / owner<->entries).
- Debug mode : will help you to debug your map if you cannot see any marker, by displaying php errors messages and some informations.
- Debug mode XML : show the raw xml file, help you to find queries errors.
- Debug mode bubble : display the last clicked bubble content in a fresh browser page.
- jQuery no confilct : we load the jQuery library in the joomla.org recommended way, but if your template or other extension will not load properly, we can activate the no conflict mode or don't load the library.
- Menu creation : create menu item from the map ID (select list in J1.6), or from the markerset ID (will show the assinged map).
- Link fields : link fields from extension to Geocode Factory (street = field_street, ...)
- Use internal coordinates : allows to use the internal Jomsocial coordinates
- SSL sites : compatible with ssl / https sites
Module specifications, the module in not included in the package, but is free.
- Module map : display maps in a module position, full component functionnalitiesa.
- Category dependant: Publish the module on directory's pages, and the module will show markers from the current category
- Centered map : the map is centered on current entry (or profile) when the entry is opened.
- Override zoom : force zoom for module
- Hide module : Select the task where the module will not be show (detail views of the directory...)
- Module data form : allows to draw a radius search module on each site page.
Free included plugin :
- Joomla content plugin : Allows display maps in articles
Theses plugins are not included in the base pack because not all users will need them, and we dont want to grow the price for users that dont need the search features.
- Sobipro search plugin : the plugin display the sobipro search result on a map (with all Geocode Factory map features, like other markersets, frontend radius, clustering ...).
- Community Builder search plugin : the plugin display the Community Builder list's search function result on a map (with all Geocode Factory map features, like other markersets, frontend radius, clustering ...)