Knowledge Base - Geocode Factory with Jomsocial and Jomsocial Events
How to filter the profiles by Jomsocial Groups?
If you are using the Jomsocial groups, you can filter your users by group to create one map per group, or a single map with marker icons depending the groups.
What you need is to know the group identifier (ID). Simply go into Components > JomSocial > Groups, and place the pointer on the name of the group, the url will appear on your browser, and you will see groupid=XX. The XX is the group ID. In the sample capture, the group id is 1.
Then go to the Geocode Factoy markerset editor, and simply set this statement into the Filter area: (user_id IN (SELECT memberid FROM jos_community_groups_members WHERE groupid =n)) where n is the group ID.
NOTE : in this sample we use the most common database prefix jos_... but you need to adapt this to your database prefix !
See also this forum post : http://www.myjoom.com/forum/support/geocode-factory/geocode-factory-component/topic?id=6306
How to filter profiles by Jomsocial Profile Type when using the Joomlaxi profiles type extension
If you are using the Joomlaxi profile type selector (product details), you can easily filter your users to create one map by profile type, or a single map with marker icon depending on the profile type.
What you need is to know the profile type ID number. Simply go into Components > JomSocial Profile Types > Profile Types, and read the ID column:
Then go to the Geocode Factoy markerset editor, and simply enter this statement into the Filter: (user_id IN (SELECT userid FROM jos_xipt_users WHERE profiletype=n)) where n is the profile ID. Sample for the 'Artists' group: (user_id IN (SELECT userid FROM jos_xipt_users WHERE profiletype=1)).
NOTE 1 : Unfortunately, regarding the Jomsocial database structure, you can only mix this query and field filter with the OR operator, and if that is not possible, then please use only the Profile Type clause.
NOTE 2 : In this sample we use the most common database prefix jos_... but you need to use the appropriate database prefix !
How to show only future (or past) Jomsocial events
Since Geocode Factory 2.3
It's very easy to create a Geocode Factory markerset for placing Jomsocial events on a Google map, but by default all filtered events are shown. Of course it's possible to add a time statement to filter only event in past, future or between 2 dates.
- Edit or create a Jomsocial Events markerset
- In the Data Source tab edit the filter area
- Set a value like startdate > '2011-08-15 11:00:00' that will create a condition that will filter entries that take place AFTER August 15, 2011.
- It can be useful to filter between 2 dates, the the query will be : startdate > '2011-08-01' AND startdate < '2011-09-31'
- To filter for all future events use the Now sql statement : startdate > NOW()
I have the Jomsocial plugin for Geocode Factory installed. How can I change the application title appearing in the profile application list?
Since Joomla 2.8, you can easily change the title of the application, even if you update the plugin. Follow this procedure :
- In joomla backend go to Extensions > Languages manager > Overrides
- Click on New and in the 'Language Constant' field enter : PLG_GEOCODEFACTORY_TITLE
- In the 'Text' field enter what you want to appear : eg: 'Profile map' or 'My Location'
Geocode Factory 3