Knowledge Base - Gateway for GPS Tools
currently in edition
What is it
Maps and charts tool to showcase GPX & KML tracks with useful information. Now you can draw tracks on map using Google Maps.
Introducing first ever community oriented Maps, Tracks & Sharing tool for Joomla. GPS Tools allows your users to submit GPS tracks and discuss. It supports GPX, KML formats of GPS tracks and can be integrated with popular social networking tools like JomSocial, Community Builder etc..
Note: In order to use Geocode Factory's GPS Tools gateway plugin, you need to have Geocode Factory 5 and GPS Tools components already installed.
The gateway plugin for GPS Tools is not included in your Geocode Factory 5 package by default. It is the following file which is an optional extra:
- plg_geofactory_gw_gt.zip: gateway plugin
Access and Download
Please read the Download, install and update manual for more information.
The GPS Tools Gateway plugin file "plg_geofactory_gw_gt.zip" is installed using the standard Joomla installer (please see the main GF5 documentation).
Gateway Plugin configuration
Inside the joomla “Plugin Manager” you will find the GPS Tool gateway plugin. To locate it more easily, you can use the filter by adding the text “geocode” for example, like in the following image.
Configuring the GPS Tools gateway plugin you have the following options
- Colors of the lines between owners and content markers: This option will draw lines between the markers between each owner and his/her GPS Tools track. This feature require one of the following gateway Community Builder / Jomsocial gateway plugin. For these lines to be drawn on your map, you need to enable the “Connect my addresses” option, by setting it to yes, in your map’s settings. This specific option is found in the “Map Settings” tab of the “Map Manager”.
- To select the colors of the lines drawn in this case, click on the hexadecimal color code and select the color from the palette pop-up. Or alternatively, you can type in the hexadecimal color code of your choice in the field directly.
- Path to the tracks files: This define the path where GPS Tool store the GPX/KML files.
Pattern manager and Geocoding
When you enter the pattern manager you will see that one default pattern for joomla content is created automatically when you installed the plugin.
Unlike other 3rd party extensions, for the case of GPS Tools we don’t need to geocode, because tracks are simply made up of pairs of coordinates introduced through GPS Tools back-end or front-end.
There is nothing different regarding core options. Just keep in mind the following options:
- Placeholders: In addition of core placeholders, there is several another placeholders usable with GPS Tools (description, hits, downloads, category, total_distance, ...
- Map settings: Select how to display the track, mouse hover, mouse click, do not show
Geocode Factory 5