Knowledge Base - Download, install and update Geocode Factory 5
This article will give you all the information needed to install, update and run the the component and optional plugins for the first time.
Main component package
As explained on the main documentation article, Geocode Factory 5 contains the main component package, the plugins for mapping Joomla content and some optional/general GF addons. The following is the list of contents found inside the basic package:
- Main package file that contains all other extension, "one file" installation:
- pkg_geoFactory.zip: contains all file described bellow. All needed extensions are installed and enabled.
At the same level you will also find a folder named 'inlcudes' that contains all files separately, for manual installation:
- Core component with common tools (maps management, markers management, pattern management, useful tools, etc)
- GF addons for general use (to be used with any 3rd party extension plugins/gateways)
- mod_geoFactory_map.zip: Map display module, allows you to show map on any module position.
- mod_geoFactory_search.zip: display a radius search form on any module position (even without the map)
- plg_geofactory_load_map: This plugin displays (loads) Geocode Factory maps inside Joomla content (or inside other 3rd party extensions, ex: SobiPro).
- GF plugins for mapping (geocoding) Joomla content
- plg_geofactory_gw_jc.zip: Gateway plugin between Geocode Factory and Joomla content.
- plg_geofactory_content_jc.zip: Content plugin to display maps in Joomla content and geocoded articles.
- plg_geofactory_btn_jc.zip: Editor button to geocode (fetch coordinates of) your Joomla articles.
Before you can download Geocode Factory you need to choose a plan, with or without support.
To access and download the Geocode Factory 5 main package files, click on the My Subscriptions option found in the Memberships menu at MyJoom.com. You will be prompted to login to the site if you haven’t done so already.
You should then select your Geocode Factory 5 subscription, in the following image it is the 4th one (and it’s the no support included subscription, your case may be different):
Once inside, scroll to the bottom of the page. and clicking on the “Geocode Factory 5 - core files”.
On the following screen, as you scroll again to the bottom of the page, you will see the pkg_geofactory.zip package, an includes folder and an index.html file.
The pkg_geofactory.zip is an installable file that includes (and installs) ALL the added plugins and the module in one take.
If you click on the includes folder you will see all the individual packages that are inculded inside the pkg_geofactory.zip file.
And after selecting the "includes folder", you will see all the package files individualy. So if you don't wish to install all of these using the all-inclusive pkg_geofactory.zip package, this is where you want to look. Simply download the files you choose to install here.
All basic files are installable through the standard Joomla installer.
You have two options:
- If you want to install all the available files you can simply install the pkg_geofactory.zip package. This will automatically install everything at once.
- If you don't need to install all optional plugins, you can simply select the ones you will need. In this case, begin by installing the core component “geoFactory.zip” and then the rest of the files you need.
Example: The plugin files "plg_geofactory_gw_jc", "plg_geofactory_content_jc" and "plg_geofactory_btn_jc.zip" are used to map out joomla content (articles). If you do not intend to use Geocode Factory 5 to map joomla content, you don't need to install these.
Geocode Factory 5 works with a plugin concept. These plugins are optional and depend on your needs.
Note: In order to use Geocode Factory's optional gateway plugins, you need to have Geocode Factory 5 component already installed.
To access and download these files you need to enter to your Geocode Factory v5 subscription and purchase extra plugin (s). Go to your "My Subscriptions" on MyJoom.com. You will be prompted to login to the site if you haven’t done so already.
You should then select your Geocode Factory 5 subscription (see Main documentation for more details on how to reach this step), even if is expired.
Once inside this, if the subscription is expired, you need to renew it (you can change the support plan), and scroll to the middle of the screen and click on "Add Gateway plugin for [the needed extension] to this subscription":
On the next page you will be asked to select your payment method.
Once the transaction is complete, your new Geocode Factory 5 subscription should be visible under your Myjoom.com "My Subcriptions" page and you can download it exactely like the core component (see above).
Simply login on www.myjoom.com, and in the Memberships menu, select the My subscriptions sub menu.
And on the botton of the page, you will see all file you have access. See this capture, You can download:
- the Geocode Factory core files, and
- near the arrow, you see the Gateway - Sobipro folder, and in this folder you can see your extra files
Optional gateway plugins are installable trought the Joomla installer, like any other extensions. Follow the same process as above for downloading and installing other optional 3rd party extension plugins (gateway and/or profile plugins). In other words, these files are downloadable from your subscription (optional extras) and installed through the Joomla extension manager installer.
Note: For some optionnal plugins, there is more than just a gateway plugin. Typicaly for the user profile manager gateway (like CB or Jomsocial) there is an optional profile plugin. In this case the installation process is described in the related gateway plugin documentation.
First start of Geocode Factory
After the first installation or any update of the component, you need to accepts some condition in order to use the product :
If you cannot pass this screen by checking all conditions and clicking the Yes button (this issue is due on certain cache settings), then you can also pass this screen manualy by following theses steps :
- Joomla backend main menu : System > Global configuration > Geocode Factory 5
- On the first tab, disable the Show term of use dialog option.
On the Geocode Factory 5 control panel, you find a version checker, that will display you a list of all installed extensions related to Geocode Factory 5. When an update is available, you will see a 'update' button appearing near the related product. Clicking this update button will automatically download and install the related product.
For the main products like the component, module, or Joomla article gateway, you can simply use the 'update' button, or use the Joomla extension updater interface.
Because some of the optional plugins are commercial extensions, you need to include in Geocode Factory 5 configuration the subscription number. Then the version checker can inform you when a new version is available and install it for you. You need to enter the code in this format: 13.04.2014 16:59:29 (is the expiration date of your subscription, dd.mm.yyyy h:m:s).
Note: if you do not enter you subscription number or if your subscription is expired, you will also be notified about new version, but the file cannot be installed.
If you have a subscription, you need to enter the code you received with the purchase confirmation email. Entering this code into the main configuration (see below) will allow Geocode Factory to be able to update products from your subscription without the need for you to download and install them manually.
Note: If your subscription is expired you must renew to get the latest versions.
Geocode Factory 5