Knowledge Base - Tutorial Ordering plugin for Sobi2
We will discuss the main parameters as well as the effect of these in frontend.
Select Form Position
Select the position in the search page, where the order search form should be displayed. Enter before or after which field placing the sorting fields. This choice has no effect in the search form.
Date format for sql queries
The field calendar work for ordering by a calendar field. Beware, it is necessary to let the plugin date format is used by Sobi.
Sobi use an internal date format, by default is 'y-mm-dd', and that give in sobi2 (calendar and entries): 1976-08-13. Unfortunally, mySql dont use the same formatting. The plugin cannot test all combinaisons with all custom separators. For this reason, you need to enter here manually the date format in the mySql format. Samples:
- "%Y-%m-%d" for 1976-08-13 for the sobi format y-mm-dd (default)
- "%d.%m.%Y" for 13.08.1976 for a custom format dd.mm.y (european)
To check the format used by Sobi, go into the Configuration >> Registry Editor >> Section "calendar" >> value "date_format", then by using the plugin tab, choose the right format date. In Capture, the value of my Sobi is "dd.mm.y" and the value of the plugin "%d.%m.%Y".
- All combinaisons are not supported by sobi2 !
- The sql date format need to correspond exactely with your Sobi2 config.
- If you change the sobi2 date format, the existing entries dont change (you need to resave all existings entries).
Text for compact list
Set the ordering text for the compact list mode. For the compact mode, a space is automatically added between the label and the field.
Leave blank to use the separate list mode. The text --- A -> Z --- is fixed in the code and not modifiable.
Compact list mode sample:
Separate list mode sample