Knowledge Base - Gateway for Form2Content
Pattern manager and Form2Content articles
When you enter the pattern manager you will see that one default pattern for Form2Content articles is already available. This pattern was created automatically when you installed the plugin.
Click on the "Default - Form2Content.." pattern and go to the third tab "Assign fields to the values".
Location data assignment from your Form2Content fields
If you're using Form2ContentPro:
- For the Latitude and Longitude options select and assign the one "Geo Coder" field you created from the dropdown menu options (ex: "GEO lat/long" in this documentation case).
- For the address fields there is nothing to assign in this case, you can leave the rest of the fields empty.
If you're using Form2Content lite:
As we mentioned before, in order to geocode your Form2Content lite articles using the Geocode Factory Form2Content gateway plugin you need.
1-) Address fields to fetch the coordinates: You can choose which fields you wish to assign for your needs. Not all fields apearing here need to have a selection. In other words, you can choose not to use some field assignments. In such a case, for the unused address fields the default option "Select" has to be selected.
2-) Coordinate fields to store the fetched data in: The coordinate fields can only be textbox types for them to show up as an option in the associated dropdowns of the latitude and longitutde fields. Please note that these fields will be used to store the coordinates fetched from the address fields above. You can also use these fields to manually input the coordinates from the f2c article entry form directly. In such a case you don't need to create address fields and so you will not need to associate address fields in the Form2Content pattern either.
1-) Address and coordinates fields case:
- For the Latitude and Longitude options select and assign the respective fields you created from the dropdown menu options (ex: "Latitude" and "Longitude").
- Assign the proper address fields to the Form2Content pattern fields you have created (ex:street, city, country).
2-) Coordinates fields only case:
- for the Latitude and Longitude options select and assign the respective fields you created from the dropdown menu options (ex: "Latitude" and "Longitude").
- For the address fields there is nothing to assign in this case.
Geocode Factory 5