Knowledge Base - Gateway for Jomsocial Events
What is it
Jomsocial is a leading Joomla user management component, it also integrate an events management tool. By using Geocode Factory's Jomsocial Events gateway, you can associate one set of coordinates to each of your Jomsocial users. Further, you can link with a line your Jomsocial Events with your Josocial community members (event-guests and or event-owner).
Note: In order to use Geocode Factory's Jomsocial Events gateway, you need to have Geocode Factory v5 component already installed.
The gateway plugin for Jomsocial Event is not included in your Geocode Factory 5 package by default. They is optional extra plugin:
- plg_geofactory_gw_je: gateway plugin
Access and Download
Please read the Download, install and update manual for more information.
The Jomsocial Event Gateway plugin is installed using the standard Joomla installer.
Jomsocial Events Geocode
In Jomsocial, the coordinate fields are defined by the core component and the defined address is geocoded when user register or edit the event from frontent.
Jomsocial Event Gateway plugin
Select the colors of the lines drawn between the markers in two different cases. To do this click on the hexadecimal color code and select the color from the palette pop-up. Or alternatively, you can type in the hexadecimal color code of your choice in the field directly. Of course the Jomsocial Gateway is needed to have profiles markers (users) drawn on the map.
- Colors of the lines between events and owners: This option will draw lines between the Event markers and the owner users markers. For these lines to be drawn on your map, you need to enable the “Connect entries-owners” option, by setting it to yes, in your markerset’s settings.
- Colors of the lines between events and guests: This option will draw lines between the Event markers and the users that have confirmed the event. For these lines to be drawn on your map, you need to enable the “Connect events-guests” option, by setting it to yes, in your markerset’s settings.
(If you do not use these two features, you do not need to configure anything here)
Pattern manager and Jomsocial Events
When you enter the pattern manager you will see that one default pattern for Jomsocial is created automatically when you installed the plugin.
As we mentioned before the coordinate fields for the user location are defined by the core component. There is the same for the address fields. The pattern is only used for identifying the markersets.
The specific settings tab
The options on this tab are generated based on the currently selected pattern. In this tab you can select various different filters for the current markerset allowing you to further customise your data pool. You may also select some other options which are not filter related.
- Filter Generator: Here you can introduce SQL queries to filter out your results. The Geocode Factory query will be build with your optional filter. For instance, in the example above the condition is that the data in the field "city" has to be equal to "Zurich". This way, the Jomsocial events which meet this condition will be used only. There is a list of different queries based on time:
- startdate > '2011-08-15 11:00:00' create a filter that filters entries that take place AFTER August 15, 2011.
- startdate > '2011-08-01' AND startdate < '2011-09-31' filter between 2 dates
- startdate > NOW() future events since now
Warning: The use of this feature is the most common source of errors that result in no markerset being displayed! Remember that here you are adding a clause/condition affecting the mysql database query. Each wrong or missing charter/quote will cause an error. Handle with care!
- Date format: Select here the date format to display dates into the bubble or such.
- Only furure or past Events : This option will automatically display only past, futur or all events. We can imagine 2 markersets, for past events, a grey icon and for future events, a color icon.
- Draw Lines ... : Select if you wish to Draw Lines between the markers.
Geocode Factory 5