Knowledge Base - Gateway for Sobipro
The specific settings tab
The options on this tab are generated based on the currently selected pattern. In this tab you can select various different filters for the current markerset allowing you to further customise your data pool. You may also select some other options which are not filter related.
- Filter Generator: Here you can introduce SQL queries to filter out your results. The Geocode Factory query will be build with your optional filter. For instance, in the example above the condition is that the data in the field "SobiPro_listme" has to be equal to "Yes". This way, the SobiPro entries which meet this condition will be used only. The idea in this case is to have a checkbox field (SobiPro_listme) where the owners choose whether they want to have their entry displayed on the map "Yes", or not "No". Of course this field could be an administrative one instead, it's up to you and what you want to achieve.
Warning: The use of this feature is the most common source of errors that result in no markerset being displayed! Remember that here you are adding a clause/condition affecting the mysql database query. Each wrong or missing charter/quote will cause an error. Handle with care!
- Select sales area field: Here you can select the SobiPro field that will be used to calculate the "Sales Area". It has to be a numeric value/field. See the Geocode Factory advanced features article to better understand this concept.
- Categories to include: Here you can select the categories from which to choose the article markers to display on the map. You can enter many SobiPro categories.
- Draw Lines entry-owner: Select if you wish to Draw Lines between the markers.
- Enable Auto-Category: With the auto-category feature enabled, the markers that will be displayed will be entries belonging to the categories you are currently browsing only (and child categories as well). This option is used to get a functionality typically seen in directories, and is often used in Sobipro.
Aditional note about filters with Sobipro
There is 2 main types of filters in Sobipro, this is regarding the Sobipro database structure. The 'normal' type values (like text input box), and the 'list' type values (like list or check box). Because of this, we have created 2 main filters textarea (see above capture).
- The first type is to be entered in the 'Filter generator' textarea: (fid=2 AND baseData = '25'). The syntax is generated by the wizzard.
- The second type is to be entered in the 'Filter generator for list' textarea: (fid=2 AND optValue = '25'). The syntax can be generated by the wizzard, but in this case you need to copy it into the second textarea, and change the 'baseData' to 'optValue' term.
And in Sobipro gateway, you can use multiple filters: ( fid=2 AND baseData= '25' ) ## ( fid=3 AND baseData='red' ). The ##represents the 'AND' operator. This can be used in both 'Filter generator' and 'Filter generator for lists'. And if you are using both type of filter as same time, the AND operator is applied by default.
Note: if the list / checkboxes fields does not appear into the list, you have 2 choices: Manual: search the field ID into to Sobipro field manager Automatic: in Geocode Factory Control panel, go to component settings, and select 'Show all fields'
- << Prev
Geocode Factory 5