Knowledge Base - Gateway for Mosets Tree
What is it
Mosets Tree has been Joomla's leading commercial directory component for years.
Using Geocode Factory's Mosets Tree gateway plugin, you can associate a set of coordinates to each of your Mosets Tree entries. This will allow you to collectively display the locations of all, or any selection of your entries on a map, with all the added features that GF5 has to offer.
In order to use Geocode Factory's Mosets Tree gateway plugin, you need to have Geocode Factory 5 component already installed.
The gateway plugin for Mosets Tree is not included in your Geocode Factory 5 package by default. It is the following file which is an optional extra:
- plg_geofactory_gw_mt: gateway plugin
Access and Download
Please read the Download, install and update manual for more information.
The Mosets Tree Gateway plugin file "plg_geofactory_gw_mt.zip" is installed using the standard Joomla installer (please see the main GF5 documentation).
Gateway plugin configuration
Inside the joomla “Plugin Manager” you will find the installed gateway plugin. To locate it more easily, you can use the filter by adding the text “geocode” for example, like in the following image.
Colors of the lines between owners and content markers: This option will define the color of the lines between each owner and his/her SP entry. For these lines to be drawn on your map, you need to enable the “Lines owners-entries” option, by setting it to yes, in your markerset’s settings. This specific option is found in the “Specific settings” tab of the “Markerset Manager”. To select the colors of the lines drawn in this case, click on the hexadecimal color code and select the color from the palette pop-up. Or alternatively, you can type in the hexadecimal color code of your choice in the field directly.
Pattern manager and Mosets Tree
When you enter the pattern manager you will see that one default pattern for Mosets Tree is created automatically when you installed the plugin.
Mosets tree use he own internal coordinates fields and address formatting, then here all is automatic, and you have nothing to confirgure.
The specific settings tab
The options on this tab are generated based on the currently selected pattern. In this tab you can select various different filters for the current markerset allowing you to further customise your data pool. You may also select some other options which are not filter related.
- Filter Generator: Here you can introduce SQL queries to filter out your results. The Geocode Factory query will be build with your optional filter. For instance, in the example above the condition is that the data in the field "Mosets_listme" has to be equal to "Yes". This way, the Mosets Tree entries which meet this condition will be used only. The idea in this case is to have a checkbox field (Mosets_listme) where the owners choose whether they want to have their entry displayed on the map "Yes", or not "No". Of course this field could be an administrative one instead, it's up to you and what you want to achieve.
Warning: The use of this feature is the most common source of errors that result in no markerset being displayed! Remember that here you are adding a clause/condition affecting the mysql database query. Each wrong or missing charter/quote will cause an error. Handle with care!
- Select sales area field: Here you can select the Mosets field that will be used to calculate the "Sales Area". It has to be a numeric value/field. See the Geocode Factory advanced features article to better understand this concept.
- Categories to include: Here you can select the categories from which to choose the article markers to display on the map. You can enter many Mosets Tree categories.
- Draw Lines markers-owners: Select if you wish to Draw Lines between the markers and they owners.
- Enable Auto-Category: With the auto-category feature enabled, the markers that will be displayed will be entries belonging to the categories you are currently browsing only (and child categories as well). This option is used to get a functionality typically seen in directories, and is often used in Mosets Tree.
Note: To use this feature, please publish your map throught the module.
Geocode Factory 5