Knowledge Base - Gateway for Jomsocial
What is it
Jomsocial is a leading Joomla user management and community component. Using Geocode Factory's Jomsocial gateway and profile plugins, you can associate geo-coordinates to each of your Jomsocial users. Further, you can then also add maps to your Jomsocial user profiles (profile plugin), as well as collectively display the locations of your users as markers on another map (gateway plugin).
Note: In order to use Geocode Factory's Jomsocial gateway and profile plugins, you need to have Geocode Factory v5 component already installed.
The profile and gateway plugins for Jomsocial are not included in your Geocode Factory 5 package by default. They are optionals extra plugins:
- Geofactoryprofilejs: profile plugin
- Plg_geofactory_gw_js: gateway plugin
Access and Download
Please read the Download, install and update manual for more information.
The Jomsocial Gateway and Profile plugins are installed using the standard Joomla installer (please see the main GF5 documentation).
The Jomsocial profile plugin "geofactoryprofilejs.zip" is a Jomsocial application. Applications in JomSocial are installed, managed and configured via Joomla!'s Plugin Manager.
So once the profile plugin is installed it should be listed in the Joomla plugin manager just like the Jomsocial gateway plugin (To locate these more easily, you can use the filter by adding the text “geocode” for example, like in the following image.)
Jomsocial Profile plugin
Configuring the Jomsocial Profile plugin you have the following options:
On the first tab "Details" you only have some very basic fields to configure like the "Enabled", "Access" and "Ordering" status.
On the second tab "Basic options" you can configure the following three options:
Core Application: Select whether you want this application to appear in the users application list. If set to Yes it will not appear in the list but it will automatically appear in the user profile. This setting will make this plugin seem like a "core" application (i this correct? see more about core below ?)
Available Positions: Select from the available Jomsocial positions, the place where you want the map to appear.
Map Selection: Sect the Geocode Facctory map to use for this. This list is populated from the maps available in your GF5 map manager.
Jomsocial Core Map integration
In Jomsocial, the coordinate fields are defined by the core component but you can select any custom field to determine the address that is geocoded when user register or edit the profile from frontent.
Jomsocial Gateway plugin
Configuring the Jomsocial Gateway plugin you have the following options:
On the right you only have some very basic fields to configure like the "Enabled", "Access" and "Ordering" status.
On the left you can select the colors of the lines drawn between the markers in two different cases. To do so click on the hexadecimal color code and select the color from the palette pop-up. Or alternatively, you can type in the hexadecimal color code of your choice in the field directly.
- Colors of the lines between my addresses: This option will draw lines between the markers belonging to the same user. For these lines to be drawn on your map, you need to enable the “Connect my addresses” option, by setting it to yes, in your map’s settings. This specific option is found in the “Map Settings” tab of the “Map Manager”.
- Line color between friends: This option will draw lines between the user markers of friends, as determined by the Jomsocial friends functionality. For these lines to be drawn on your map, you need to enable the “Connect friends a mettre dans plugin CB” option, by setting it to yes, in your map’s settings. This specific option is found in the “Map Settings” tab of the “Map Manager”.
- Default avatar image: Optionally, you can select a default avatar image here for profiles without an image. If left empty the default Google pin will be used in this case.
(If you do not use these two features, you do not need to configure anything here)
Pattern manager and Jomsocial
When you enter the pattern manager you will see that one default pattern for Jomsocial is created automatically when you installed the plugin.
As we mentioned before the coordinate fields for the user location are defined by the core component based on your selection of custom field to determine the address that is to be geocoded. However, there are an unlimited number of custom fields you can make available for determining addresse /location. The pattern is only used for batch geocoding from backend.
See here how to configure the different fields:
- City: Select the field where you are storing the user's city. ususaly is the Jomsocial_city field.
- Other address fields: Exacteley like the city, select here any field that define the address.
Note: Like described in main documentation, more fields you set for the address, more accurate will be the markers.
Note: If you are using more advanced fields (non-textual), like a country-selector and this field does not appear then you can go in Geocode Factory settings, and set the 'Use all fields' to YES.
The specific settings tab
The options on this tab are generated based on the currently selected pattern. In this tab you can select various different filters for the current markerset allowing you to further customise your data pool. You may also select some other options which are not filter related.
- Filter Generator: Here you can introduce SQL queries to filter out your results. The Geocode Factory query will be build with your optional filter. For instance, in the example above the condition is that the data in the field "js_list_me" has to be equal to "On". This way, the Jomsocial profiles which meet this condition will be used only. The idea in this case is to have a checkbox field (js_list_me) where your members choose whether they want to have their location displayed on the map "On", or not "Off". Of course this field could be an administrative one instead, it's up to you and what you want to achieve.
Warning: The use of this feature is the most common source of errors that result in no markerset being displayed! Remember that here you are adding a clause/condition affecting the mysql database query. Each wrong or missing charter/quote will cause an error. Handle with care!
- Select title field: Here you can select the Jomsocial field that will be used as the "TITLE" placeholder in the map templates and also when you fly on the markers.
- Select sales area field: Here you can select the Jomsocial field that will be used to calculate the "Sales Area". It has to be a numeric value/field. See the Geocode Factory advanced features article to better understand this concept
- Usergroups to include: Here you can select the Joomla usergroups from which to choose the user markers to display on the map. You can enter many joomla usergroups.
- Template for online and offline icon: Here you can enter the HTML template to be used as online and offline icon respectively.
- Draw Lines: Select if you wish to Draw Lines between the markers.
Geocode Factory 5