Knowledge Base - Gateway for Community Builder
Community Builder Gateway plugin
Inside the joomla “Plugin Manager” you will find the installed gateway plugin. To locate it more easily, you can use the filter by adding the text “geocode” for example, as in the following image (the 3rd one).
Configuring the CB Gateway plugin you have the following options:
Here you select the colors of the lines drawn between the markers for each purpose. To do so click on the hexadecimal color code and select the color from the palette pop-up. Or alternatively, you can type in the hexadecimal color code of your choice in the field directly.
- Colors of the lines between my addresses: This option will draw lines between the markers belonging to the same user. For these lines to be drawn on your map, you need to enable the “Connect my addresses” option, by setting it to yes, in your map’s settings. This specific option is found in the “Map Settings” tab of the “Map Manager”.
- Line color between friends: This option will draw lines between the user markers of friends, as determined by the CB friends functionality. For these lines to be drawn on your map, you need to enable the “Connect friends a mettre dans plugin CB” option, by setting it to yes, in your map’s settings. This specific option is found in the “Map Settings” tab of the “Map Manager”.
(If you do not use these two features, you do not need to configure anything here)
Pattern manager and Community Builder
When you enter the pattern manager you will see that a default pattern for Community Builder is created automatically when you install the plugin.
As we mentioned before you have three sets of available coordinate fields to use with CB. This means you can create up to 3 different patterns, each one with it's own coordinate set assigned (read the main documentation section "Patterns"). However, there is an unlimited number of custom fields you can make available for determining addresses/locations.
See here how to configure the different fields:
- Latitude: Here you need to select one of the 3 coordinates fields designed for latitude, named cb_plug_lat, cb_plug_lat2 or cb_plug_lat3. Of course for advanced users, you can also use custom created field that contains a latitude.
- Longitude: Here you need to select one of the 3 coordinates fields designed for latitude, named cb_plug_lng, cb_plug_lng2 or cb_plug_lng3. Of course for advanced users, you can also use custom created field that contains a longitude.
- City: Select the field where you are storing the user's city. ususaly is the cb_city field.
- Other address fields: Exactly like the city, select here any field that define the address.
Warning: by default Geocode Factory cannot know what fields you want to use (in CB you can create your own custom fields...), for this reason the latitude and longitude fields contains both the first coordinate-like field. Please check that both are different. If your fields does not appears please apply the second not bellow.
Note: Like described in main documentation, more fields you set for the address, more accurate will be the markers.
Note: If you are using more advanced fields (non-textual), like a country-selector and this field does not appear then you can go in to the Geocode Factory component settings, and set the 'Use all fields' to YES.
Geocode Factory 5